Our Worship Programs
As Seventh-day Adventists we choose to worship God because we believe He is our Creator who deserves praise and honour.
Exodus 20:11 says " in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
We believe that Saturday is a special day set aside for worship, since the beginning of the world, for us to spend time worshipping and honouring God. We can worship God in many different ways. It can be through Bible study, prayer and singing praises to Him. We can do this at a personal level or meet together with fellow believers.
We invite you to join us on Saturday morning to praise God and hear a message about Him. Ours in an informal service and we do not expect people to dress formally. You will find our members friendly and welcoming and you will be able to participate to the level you feel comfortable. Our music is contemporary and our worship expressive.
We have our main worship service each Saturday, from 10am to around 12.30pm and a mid week home group meeting on wednesday evening. Each month we also have a friday evening communion meeting in one of our members homes. Details of what we do in these programs is outlined below:
Saturday morning service:
- A time of bible study and discussion
- A time of praise and worship music
- A message from the word of God
- A refreshment and fellowship time
- A sharing and prayer time
- Sometimes our service is followed by a potluck lunch
Wednesday evening home group:
- A short time of praise and worship music.
- A time of bible study and/or sharing.
- A time of prayer - both for eachother and others outside our group that have requested prayer
Monthly Friday evening communion:
- We share a fellowship meal together - much like the early Christians did in their communion service.
- We often sing a few songs
- One of our members shares something from the Bible on Jesus death and resurrection
- We partake of bread and wine - symbols of Jesus broken body and spilled blood in remembrance of him.
- We end with a time of prayer.
Sometimes our church closes for the day so that our members can attend a Christian conference. We also participate in two annual Gatherings of like-minded Christians from around Australia (in January and June). Occasionally we take our church group 'on the road' to visit other churches or meet with Christian friends in rural and regional areas of NSW. On such occasions these will be announced in our Newsletter and on this website.